POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Modeler for Povray and BMRT Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:31:04 EDT (-0400)
  Modeler for Povray and BMRT (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Sven
Subject: Modeler for Povray and BMRT
Date: 17 Dec 2002 16:34:32
Message: <3dff9868@news.povray.org>
Hi,

this question might have been asked many times before, but I haven't found
an satisfying answer yet.
I wonder if there is a modeler, that can be used to create Povray-scenes as
well as BMRT-scenes. Until now I tried Moray and Breeze.
Both a very good and easy-to-use modelers, but I'm missing RIB output in
Moray (the plugin is still in feature-request-state) and Breeze produced
output, which was different to the preview.
Has anybody got an idea?

Thanks,

Sven

Post a reply to this message

> I wonder if there is a modeler, that can be used to create Povray-scenes
as
> well as BMRT-scenes. Until now I tried Moray and Breeze.
> Both a very good and easy-to-use modelers, but I'm missing RIB output in
> Moray (the plugin is still in feature-request-state) and Breeze produced
> output, which was different to the preview.
> Has anybody got an idea?

Hamapatch is a freeware modeller that can export
to pov and BMRT.
It can also use pov and BMRT as render engines
directly from Hampatch.
Program and manual:
http://www.geocities.com/hamapatch/program/index.html
Tutorials, plugins, models, links:
http://www.geocities.com/hamapatch/index.html
Don't know if this is what you are looking for, because
this is a bicubic patch modeller (no primitives, no CSG),
but would be useful for your scenes.

Hope this helps

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com