POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Sorry - I need really basic help here Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:32:29 EDT (-0400)
  Sorry - I need really basic help here (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: mr
Subject: Sorry - I need really basic help here
Date: 7 Dec 2002 13:15:26
Message: <3df23abe$1@news.povray.org>
I have just downloaded and installed Pov Ray 3.5.  I haven't used POVRAY
since about 1995 and that was a much older version.

Anyway - I want to run some of the animation examples.  However, when I
"Run" one of these, for example "Life", the first frame is rendered and
that's it.  No animation takes place, no further frames are rendered as far
as I can see.  I have looked in the FAQs and the Help with the software, and
tried the menu options for something that looks appropriate.  There's lots
about using clock etc., but I just want to run an example.  Can I do this
simply?

Please help me.  What simple thing have I missed?

Mark.

Post a reply to this message

> Anyway - I want to run some of the animation examples.  However, when I
> "Run" one of these, for example "Life", the first frame is rendered and
> that's it.

Could it be that you are rendering life.pov instead life.ini?

Redering of series of frames for animations are usually controlled by an
ini-file. You "run" the ini-file just as you would "run" a scene-file
(.pov).

/Ib

Post a reply to this message

> I have just downloaded and installed Pov Ray 3.5.  I haven't used POVRAY
> since about 1995 and that was a much older version.
>
> Anyway - I want to run some of the animation examples.  However, when I
> "Run" one of these, for example "Life", the first frame is rendered and
> that's it.  No animation takes place, no further frames are rendered as far
> as I can see.  I have looked in the FAQs and the Help with the software, and
> tried the menu options for something that looks appropriate.  There's lots
> about using clock etc., but I just want to run an example.  Can I do this
> simply?
>
> Please help me.  What simple thing have I missed?

This should get you started in the right direction -
http://www.puzzlecraft.com/cm/intro.html

--
Ken Tyler