POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurface question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  isosurface question (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: J Tellings
Subject: isosurface question
Date: 7 Apr 2003 12:54:14
Message: <3E91AD33.7010109@chello.nl>
Hi,

Is it possible to make a noise3d isosurface on a sphere_sweep ?

Thanks in advance,

JT

Post a reply to this message

From: ABX
Subject: Re: isosurface question
Date: 7 Apr 2003 13:10:36
Message: <bvb39v8fsomod74ugjq30vgle2p37gqj3f@4ax.com>
On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 18:54:11 +0200, J Tellings <jte### [at] chellonl> wrote:
> Is it possible to make a noise3d isosurface on a sphere_sweep ?

No doubts it is possible with linear path using smart script. But other paths
need very complex math which is hard to code within function. I did patch with
polynomiar solver support in function engine for such purposes but never made
practical test. Once I tried but couldn't finish.

ABX

Post a reply to this message