POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : light Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:31:34 EDT (-0400)
  light (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: J Tellings
Subject: light
Date: 8 Dec 2002 07:31:48
Message: <3df33bb4@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I want to make an animation with a fading light_source (starting in complete
darkness and finishing in full light). How can I do this?

Thanks a lot

Post a reply to this message

From: Ib Rasmussen
Subject: Re: light
Date: 8 Dec 2002 07:46:06
Message: <3DF33F2B.4040608@ibras.dk>
J Tellings wrote:

> I want to make an animation with a fading light_source (starting in complete
> darkness and finishing in full light). How can I do this?

Use the clock variable to control the colour of the light source eg
light_source { <0, 0, 0>, colour White*clock }
This assumes that you let the clock run from 0 to 1.

/Ib

Post a reply to this message

"Ib Rasmussen" <ib### [at] ibrasdk> wrote in message
news:3DF### [at] ibrasdk...

> J Tellings wrote:
>
> > I want to make an animation with a fading light_source (starting in
complete
> > darkness and finishing in full light). How can I do this?
>

> Use the clock variable to control the colour of the light source eg
> light_source { <0, 0, 0>, colour White*clock }
> This assumes that you let the clock run from 0 to 1.
>
> /Ib

That's a good method. But when it is dark, the shadows of my objects are
gray, and that's not very nice. What can I do about it? (no_shadow is not
ok)

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 8 Dec 2002 11:22:11
Message: <3DF37219.6ABFCF1F@pacbell.net>
J Tellings wrote:

> That's a good method. But when it is dark, the shadows of my objects are
> gray, and that's not very nice. What can I do about it? (no_shadow is not
> ok)

Ensure that the object(s) the shadows are falling on have an expicit ambient
setting of zero.

--
Ken Tyler