POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Linux - help Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Linux - help (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Rafal Maj Raf256
Subject: Linux - help
Date: 12 Mar 2005 19:08:01
Message: <23146001.vybhzfrzsS@raf256com>
What applications should I use to get help in Linux for Pov-RAY? In example
to view help as .html files?

--
Rafal Maj Raf256

Post a reply to this message

From: Stefan Viljoen
Subject: Re: Linux - help
Date: 13 Mar 2005 04:46:07
Message: <42340bde@news.povray.org>
The right honourable Rafal Maj Raf256 spake:

> What applications should I use to get help in Linux for Pov-RAY? In
> example to view help as .html files?

Any webbrowser - in Rh9 konqueror does just fine for me for viewing Pov-Ray
documentation.

--
---
Stefan Viljoen

Post a reply to this message

>> What applications should I use to get help in Linux for Pov-RAY? In
>> example to view help as .html files?
> Any webbrowser - in Rh9 konqueror does just fine for me for viewing
> Pov-Ray documentation.

But where exacly are they placed...?

--
Rafal Maj Raf256

Post a reply to this message

>>> What applications should I use to get help in Linux for Pov-RAY? In
>>> example to view help as .html files?
>> Any webbrowser - in Rh9 konqueror does just fine for me for viewing
>> Pov-Ray documentation.
>
> But where exacly are they placed...?

3.6.x seems to install them here:

/usr/local/share/doc/povray-3.6/html

Post a reply to this message

The right honourable Rafal Maj Raf256 spake:

> Stefan Viljoen wrote:
>
>>> What applications should I use to get help in Linux for Pov-RAY? In
>>> example to view help as .html files?
>> Any webbrowser - in Rh9 konqueror does just fine for me for viewing
>> Pov-Ray documentation.
>
> But where exacly are they placed...?

Hmm - on my Rh9 setup, konqueror is in /usr/bin/konqueror, and so is mozilla
: /usr/bin/mozilla. Galeon is in there too...

So, to read Povray docs, I start konqueror by starting an xterm and typing

[rylan@StefanLinux rylan]$ /usr/bin/konqueror &
[rylan@StefanLinux rylan]$

and then when it comes up I "surf" to

file:/usr/local/share/doc/povray-3.6/html/index.html
--
---