POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Prism with integrated arcs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Prism with integrated arcs (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: S    G
Subject: Prism with integrated arcs
Date: 10 Oct 2004 09:15:00
Message: <web.416934bf8ce252094c54d0cd0@news.povray.org>
Hallo.

I am creating an interface between CAD-Data and Povray. Therfore I create
the struktures based on prism-objects. The problem is, that some (none to
each) sides of a prism can be an arc. It is not possible to use CSG,
because the struktures are unknown and maybe so difficult that there is a
part of the same strukture which might be cutted away. How can I create a
prism with 'arcs'-sides? Now I am creating these sides by an approximation
with some points that are elements of this arc. This is not the best
solution. Maybe this would be a good new feature in the next version(s) of
povray.

I would be happy, if somebody has got a good idea.
S.G.

Post a reply to this message