POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Printing documentation? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:11:54 EDT (-0400)
  Printing documentation? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: ZSpider
Subject: Printing documentation?
Date: 26 Dec 2002 09:09:46
Message: <3e0b0daa$1@news.povray.org>
Good morning,

Back when I was using 3.1, I printed out all the documentation for
the scene description language.  I can't do that now, can I, because
of the new formatting?

Thanks, miker

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Hertel
Subject: Re: Printing documentation?
Date: 27 Dec 2002 19:32:41
Message: <3e0cf129@news.povray.org>
> Good morning,
>
> Back when I was using 3.1, I printed out all the documentation for
> the scene description language.  I can't do that now, can I, because
> of the new formatting?
>
> Thanks, miker

Assuming you use the Windoze version, you can press the print button on the
page you want to print. You can also select the topic in the tree and select
print, then you'll be asked if you want to print just that page or all pages
in that category. (Bad translation by me, dunno the english words..) I
haven't tried it though..

"We will be making downloadable and printable (e.g. PDF) versions of the
documentation available in due course. Please be patient ;)"
(   http://www.povray.org/documentation/   )

-Peter

Post a reply to this message

From: ZSpider
Date: 28 Dec 2002 09:02:11
Message: <3e0daee3@news.povray.org>
Peter wrote:
> "We will be making downloadable and printable (e.g. PDF) versions of the
> documentation available in due course. Please be patient ;)"
> (   http://www.povray.org/documentation/

*******
Thanks, Peter!  I kinda figured it wasn't easy to get a complete
printout of the programming document.  I look forward to the
PDF version.

Thanks again, miker

Post a reply to this message

From: Kaveh
Date: 29 Dec 2002 11:38:25
Message: <1fnyoud.2d5cjc1pxaku8N%kaveh@delete_this.focalimage.com>
ZSpider <zsp### [at] gtenet> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Back when I was using 3.1, I printed out all the documentation for
> the scene description language.  I can't do that now, can I, because
> of the new formatting?

While waiting for the official PDF release, I have converted the html's
to two PDF files, one for reading on screen, one for print. You can pick
them up from

http://homepage.mac.com/kaveh1000/FileSharing63.html

--
Kaveh