POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Hi. "Fuzzy" Effect? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Hi. "Fuzzy" Effect? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Yahoo Mail
Subject: Hi. "Fuzzy" Effect?
Date: 24 Jun 2003 15:38:21
Message: <1103_1056746182@news.povray.org>
Well Hi every1. I'm another newbie and im making a pool table just for try the program
(its really good) but i want some "fuzzy" effect for the carpet (carpet?? sorry i
speak
spanish the most). I hope you will understand me. Bye.

Post a reply to this message

Yahoo Mail <max### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Well Hi every1. I'm another newbie and im making a pool table just for try
the program (its really good) but i want some "fuzzy" effect for the carpet
(carpet?? sorry i speak
> spanish the most). I hope you will understand me. Bye.

for the felt surface (the fuzzy stuff) someone used a quilted pattern and
normal scaled down quite a lot. it looked good. i can't remember who did it,
and can't find it in a search.

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Melly
Date: 26 Jun 2003 04:23:44
Message: <3efaad90$1@news.povray.org>
"Yahoo Mail" <max### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Well Hi every1. I'm another newbie and im making a pool table just for try the
program (its really good) but i want some "fuzzy" effect for the carpet
(carpet?? sorry i speak
> spanish the most). I hope you will understand me. Bye.

Rune has a nice fur/felt/velvet/whatever texture. Try: http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Date: 27 Jun 2003 06:35:27
Message: <5d7ofvc24ij4tddjh8pftf9ebls5ui77rl@4ax.com>
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:11:59 -0400, "Ross Litscher"
<lit### [at] osuedu> wrote:

>for the felt surface (the fuzzy stuff) someone used a quilted pattern and
>normal scaled down quite a lot. it looked good. i can't remember who did it,
>and can't find it in a search.

Dunno about quilted, I used a checker of two perpendicular
scallop_wave patterns, of course with a small enough scale (3 threads
per millimeter)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg

From: Yahoo Mail