POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Visualization of a sand grain : Re: Visualization of a sand grain Server Time: 17 Jun 2019 13:19:57 GMT
  Re: Visualization of a sand grain
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 2 Apr 2019 00:15:00
"Wallace" <819### [at] qqcom> wrote:
> Hi folks, I am new to the software and this community. I am a year 4 civil
> engineering student. To finish my final year project, I am required to learn
> this software. I use Pack3D in matlab to generate some particles with a lot of
> xyz coordiantes as well as radius from central point. I wonder how could I use
> Povray visualize a single particle with lots of x-y-z coordinate. I cant find
> the correct coding for my visualization. Hope can find some help here. Thank
> you!

Write the <x,y,z> vector and radius to a file.
Read in the values, generate a sphere of that radius at that point.
loop.

Points for style would be to figure out where the camera should be located to
make sure all the spheres are in the raytraced image.

This has been covered before, and I replied rather frequently to Ari -

http://news.povray.org/povray.newusers/thread/%3Cweb.5942a025555127989d2528170%40news.povray.org%3E/