POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Bishop3D is going GPL Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:35:26 EDT (-0400)
  Bishop3D is going GPL (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: harnaut
Subject: Bishop3D is going GPL
Date: 25 Sep 2014 18:32:49
Message: <54249811$1@news.povray.org>
Hello folks,

I am the author of Bishop3D, a POV-Ray modeler for MS-Windows platform. For
a series of events I was forced to put that project on hold but now I’m back
at it.

Approximately six months ago I slowly started to work on a new version based
on Qt (http://qt-project.org) and Bullet physics*
(http://bulletphysics.org).
After some considerations about my progress rate, I’ve decided to release
the project under GNU GPL V3 license hopping to get it completed sooner than
later.

Please, don’t get me wrong; I *am* actively working on that project on my
spare time and eventually it will reach a beta release milestone - but I can
use some help to get there faster :)
If you are interested please check bishop3d.com/blog/archives/237

The current Bishop3D version is now freeware, free as in free beer - there
is no point in making it open source since it is based on Borland (now
Embarcadero) proprietary tools.

Best regards,
H. Arnaut

*the integration with Bullet physics is not done yet but the changes in the
modeler kernel in order to support such integration are already in place.

Post a reply to this message

	Good to see that you are still with us. :-)

I will help in any way with testing.

--

Regards
     Stephen