POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : LionSnake v1.7.14 Now Available Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:51:19 EDT (-0400)
  LionSnake v1.7.14 Now Available (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: LionSnake v1.7.14 Now Available
Date: 11 Jul 2009 07:06:51
Message: <4a58724b$1@news.povray.org>
I have received some reports that the display does not behave properly
under Vista and/or Wine.  I develop on an XP box, so I would gladly
appreciate any feedback from Vista and Wine users.

That being said,

Changes from version 1.7.13:

* The subdivision preview now shows the limit surface, edges, and
vertices, instead of the hull values of these objects.

* In another of those "does anybody care" areas, I created another class
for application-wide data that deals with the user interface (such as
window handles, etc.), and have begun moving all of the user interface
code, especially the OS-specific code, into this new class. My goal is
to have exactly one source file that contains the dreaded line, #include
<windows.h>

* You can now drag a face (and any other marked vertices) along that
face's normal vector.

* Hiding a vertex made it impossible to mark any edge or face which
contained that vertex. Fixed.

* The gadget for scaling an inset face was not properly calculating the
distance from the center of the gadget to the drag point. Fixed.

* Textures were not being smoothed consistently. Fixed.

* After changing the file from which a texture was loaded, the update
would not show without performing undo and/or redo operations. Fixed.

* When an edge and a face covered the same spot in the view, there was
some unsightly artifacting. Fixed.

* The zoom no longer changes when the application window is resized.

As always--but not for long--the download is available at:

http://www.geocities.com/evilsnack/lionsnake.htm

Regards,
John