POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : LionSnake 1.6 released Server Time
29 Apr 2024 16:45:55 EDT (-0400)
  LionSnake 1.6 released (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: LionSnake 1.6 released
Date: 4 Nov 2006 19:00:44
Message: <454d29ac@news.povray.org>
http://geocities.com/evilsnack/lionsnake.htm

Changes since the last time I made noise here:

Version 1.6, 4 November 2006

# After sketching out ideas for a scene building capability (it will be
part of version 2.0), I concluded that the parts and knobs skeleton
system was not going to work and had to be redesigned. The new system

differently (and has more features). The new system is reflected in the
saved files, hence a new version number. Version 1.6 will load older
files (v1.5 and earlier), and will replace the old-style skeleton with a
new-style skeleton.

# LionSnake's save files are now text files instead of binaries, and can
be viewed and edited with a text editor. Among other things, this makes
it easier for me to debug file operations...

# Some of the vertex editing functions have been moved to one dialog box.

# At some point during the last few version changes, the undo/redo
feature began to misbehave. I was in no mood to debug it, but I was in
the mood to implement it in a completely different way, and it appears
to be fixed (and probably performs better).

# Splitting faces from the context menu wasn't working. Fixed.

# In addition to splitting the mesh, you can also subdivide it using a
modified Loop scheme. This is just like splitting, except that the
vertices of the new mesh are adjusted to produce a smoother result.

# In uv-mapping mode, the edges between mapping points were drawn in an
inconsistent way (they would oscillate between solid and dotted while a
point was dragged). Fixed.

# If the window was resized down to the point that there was no room for
the model display, the program would hang. Fixed.

# The scroll bars, which didn't work, have been removed. They'll be back
when they work.

# Layering now only applies to faces. Vertices and edges will display
unless all bordering faces are hidden.

Version 1.5b, 29 March 2006

# Vertex selection with the mouse is now more interactive. Instead of
marking and unmarking vertices when the left button is released, the
selection changes to match the box as the mouse moves.

# The appearance of the select box was changed.

Version 1.5b, 28 March 2006

# Lionsnake will now export OBJ files for use in other applications.