POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.msdos : POV-Ray 1.6 Server Time
19 Mar 2024 06:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 1.6 (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Guy M  Broome
Subject: POV-Ray 1.6
Date: 22 May 2000 22:51:40
Message: <3928A06D.ED47378D@charlotte.crosswinds.net>
sea### [at] charlottecrosswindsnet (Guy M. Broome)

My situation is hard to explain, but does ANYONE know where I can get a
version of POV-Ray 1.6???

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: POV-Ray 1.6
Date: 22 May 2000 22:55:00
Message: <3929F1FB.EAB91780@pacbell.net>
"Guy M. Broome" wrote:

> sea### [at] charlottecrosswindsnet (Guy M. Broome)
>
> My situation is hard to explain, but does ANYONE know where I can get a
> version of POV-Ray 1.6???

To be honest with you I have never heard of a version 1.6. I was
under the impression that they went from version 1.0 to 2.0.
Even 2.0 didn't last long and the bug fixed version was released
as v2.2.

| > My situation is hard to explain, but does ANYONE know where I can
get a
| > version of POV-Ray 1.6???
|
| To be honest with you I have never heard of a version 1.6. I was
| under the impression that they went from version 1.0 to 2.0.
| Even 2.0 didn't last long and the bug fixed version was released
| as v2.2.

True (far as I know as well).  Seems there was a Polyray 1.6, different
ray tracer.
I found no sign of it for download though.

Bob

Post a reply to this message

> Seems there was a Polyray 1.6, different ray tracer.
> I found no sign of it for download though.

Wasn't/Isn't that Alexander Enzmann's raytracer ? If so I might
be able to dig up a copy of it but no gaurantees.