POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.msdos : Trace timer problem Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:33:17 EDT (-0400)
  Trace timer problem (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Alf Peake
Subject: Trace timer problem
Date: 20 Nov 1999 05:57:44
Message: <38367ea8@news.povray.org>
I was comparing the trace times of 2 similar scenes when I came across this
problem with povray's trace timer.

Using this commandline:
\dos\povray\povray +iTIMER +w160 +h120 +p +d

with this remnant of the original scenes:
// Complete TIMER.POV file
camera{ location -100*z angle 40 look_at 0 }
light_source { <100,70,-600> color rgb 1 }
background{ rgb 0.5 }
// eof

the completed trace is displayed and statistics then show that the timer
keeps running most times until a key is pressed. Also <time for parse> is
not always shown.

It is OK at 320*200 up, or with other scenes I've tried. I've not had time
to play further.

I'm using DOS povray 3.1d, Win98SE and Celery 500.
No change booting to DOS instead of W98 DOS prompt, or using default
povray.ini

Alf

http://www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alf_Peake/

Post a reply to this message

Alf Peake <alf### [at] peake42freeservecouk> wrote:
: Also <time for parse> is not always shown.

  I think that when <time for parse> is 0 seconds, then it's not shown.

On 21 Nov 1999 14:52:48 -0500, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] punarastascstutfi> wrote:

>Alf Peake <alf### [at] peake42freeservecouk> wrote:
>: Also <time for parse> is not always shown.
>
>  I think that when <time for parse> is 0 seconds, then it's not shown.

Can you confirm this? Do you have access to a DOS box? Is it a bug and
if yes, is it documented?

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message