POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.msdos : MS-DOS version of 3.1g Server Time
23 Apr 2024 21:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  MS-DOS version of 3.1g (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Gerald K  Dobiasovsky
Subject: MS-DOS version of 3.1g
Date: 8 Jul 1999 15:37:19
Message: <3784fdef@news.povray.org>
Although the main download area at www.povray.org mentions
the MS-DOS version to be 3.1g, the DOS subsection still lists
the version as 3.1e, as does the README in ftp.povray.org.
(Both binary and source file _do_ contain 3.1g, of course.)

Maybe someone finds the time to fix it -
there are still a few of us Neandertals out there using this platform ;-)

Many thanks

     Gerald

Post a reply to this message

I use the dos version for overnight renders, after all, if i dont need
multitasking bloat ware, i dont have to run it :)

Rick

Post a reply to this message

don't worry. Keeping documentation up to date can be difficult. Have you
tried emailing the authors? Feedback is very important. Don't worry about
using the DOS version, I use it, as their is not a native OS/2 version
available form www.povray.org

Gerald K. Dobiasovsky wrote in message <3784fdef@news.povray.org>...
>Although the main download area at www.povray.org mentions
>the MS-DOS version to be 3.1g, the DOS subsection still lists
>the version as 3.1e, as does the README in ftp.povray.org.
>(Both binary and source file _do_ contain 3.1g, of course.)
>
>Maybe someone finds the time to fix it -
>there are still a few of us Neandertals out there using this platform ;-)
>
>Many thanks
>
>     Gerald

Post a reply to this message

	I just thought that you might like to know that there is a OS/2 native
version of Pov-ray 3.1 on Hobbes. Admittedly, it is not an official
version.

T. Thoms