POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.msdos : Re: Question Server Time
5 May 2024 04:01:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question (Message 24 to 33 of 33)
From: Nieminen Juha
Subject: Re: Question
Date: 9 Feb 2000 05:58:38
Message: <38a1485e@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
: See ! There are some things you can do better in DOS than in Windows :)

  The question was whether DOS is better than Linux in some things or not.

From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 9 Feb 2000 06:01:40
Message: <38a14914@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
: Specifically, things that don't require the support of a full 32-bit
: multitasking, multiuser operating system, like flash BIOS updates or
: lots of embedded and other industrial applications.

  If the program does not need those things, do they hurt it? I don't think
that multitasking, memory protection, etc. is a bad thing even if the program
doesn't need them (the program can't do any harm to your computer if it's
protected).
  I don't see why it's better to run programs in an unprotected environment.