POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Povray 3.7.0.RC7 does not build under Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:03:01 EDT (-0400)
  Povray 3.7.0.RC7 does not build under Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: BenjaminSeppke
Subject: Povray 3.7.0.RC7 does not build under Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Date: 7 Nov 2013 09:40:01
Message: <web.527ba51a8e82598ec61fefd40@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

under Mavericks, using the new CLang 5.0.0 compile, the povray package (as
described by the macports-portfile:
https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/graphics/povray/Portfile) does
not compile.

The error is due to an ambigous symbol: "shared_ptr", which cannot be resolved
uniquely by the compiler. This is due to the c++11 support of Clang, which now
brings with its own "shared_ptr" implementation. In the correspoding header
files, there is a "using boost::shared_ptr", but I think this is not suffient to
resolve the symbol, if it given without namespace inside the source code. Since
this is the case for a lot of declarations, I suggest to replace all
"<tab>shared_ptr" declarations with "<tab>boost::shared_ptr" declaration as it
is done whithin the function calls.

The patch would be quite easy, I succeeded with just executing:

find . -type f -exec gsed 's/\tshared_ptr/\tboost::shared_ptr/g' -i.back '{}' +

in the source directory.

Best wishes
Benjamin

Post a reply to this message