POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Help with Pov-Ray Tutorial use with MegaPov Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:09:44 EDT (-0400)
  Help with Pov-Ray Tutorial use with MegaPov (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Laser
Subject: Help with Pov-Ray Tutorial use with MegaPov
Date: 10 Jun 2009 10:00:00
Message: <web.4a2fbb54d171752ac0252d540@news.povray.org>
Can someone help me translate this tutorial for Pov-Ray so I can use it with
MegaPov?

It is a 3D Block Letter tutorial found at this site:

http://www.scrapbookgraphics.com/wordpress/?p=2202

As I am using a Mac 10.5.7 I cannot run Pov-Ray without it crashing so have
installed MegaPov. I am not a programmer (just a Mac user LOL) and can't figure
out how to make the tutorial work using MegaPov.

Any help would be most appreciated.

THanks so much

Post a reply to this message

> Can someone help me translate this tutorial for Pov-Ray so I can use it with
> MegaPov?
>
> It is a 3D Block Letter tutorial found at this site:
>
> http://www.scrapbookgraphics.com/wordpress/?p=2202
>
> As I am using a Mac 10.5.7 I cannot run Pov-Ray without it crashing so have
> installed MegaPov. I am not a programmer (just a Mac user LOL) and can't figure
> out how to make the tutorial work using MegaPov.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.
>
> THanks so much

Hi

Here is the code I made some adjustments to it.

What you need to remember is to place the True Type Font in the same folder as
the scene file.
So MegaPov can find it this is the simplest way.

This is how we use to set up documents for print, you always had to remember to
include the font you were using in the folder that you would give the printer.

You can do a search using spotlight for True Type fonts just type in .ttf in
Spotlight (Note remember the period symbol before the ttf)

The Font I used was Brush Script.ttf and I used the word "help" (Note it could
be any word or letter)

Just copy and paste this code into MegaPOV  scene file.

You can do this by selecting file new then pasting this code into it then
saving that file into a folder (I suggest an empty folder) with your True Type
Font within this folder.

Then select Render every thing should work fine.

Note Type selection and word selection could affect how the final rendered image
looks. I suggest that you use Brush Script.ttf to start  off with and the word I
used "Help" just to get you started.
camera {
  location  <-1.2, -9.0, 1.5>
  up z
  sky z
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0, 0.7>
  right x*(image_width/image_height)
  angle 19
}

light_source {
  <-1000, -5500, 6000>*0.5
  color rgb 2
  area_light 100*x 100*y  6, 6
}

text { ttf "Brush Script.ttf", "Help", .5, 0
       pigment  { color rgb <1,0,0> }
       translate <-.9,.2,0>
       rotate <85,0,3>
       scale 1.5