POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : fatal error upon launch, -199 error code Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:57:39 EDT (-0400)
  fatal error upon launch, -199 error code (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: eefKnot
Subject: fatal error upon launch, -199 error code
Date: 5 Apr 2009 22:05:01
Message: <web.49d962f03fc9f9a8d041b4190@news.povray.org>
This problem was posted orginally by jmcfizix on the bugreports page and it was
suggested that it be posted here as well.

Both jmcfizix and I have had the same experience.  POV RAY had been working fine
on my Macbook (Mac OS 10.5.6, 2.16 GHZ Intel Duo,1 Gb 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM) for
over a year.  Now when I launch, I get a fatal  error message and a -199 error
code.  The launching stalls out on the "Reading Preferences", then shows the
error message.

I am using POV-Ray Mac 3.6 dated Aug 1, 2004 7:23 pm and downloaded directly
from the povray site.

Restarting the computer and downloading a new copy of POV-ray both failed to fix
the problem.

I cannot think of any changes I made to the system to cause this.  POV-ray last
worked on 15 March 2009 and a week later it no longer worked.  \

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

> This problem was posted orginally by jmcfizix on the bugreports page and it was
> suggested that it be posted here as well.
>
> Both jmcfizix and I have had the same experience.  POV RAY had been working fine
> on my Macbook (Mac OS 10.5.6, 2.16 GHZ Intel Duo,1 Gb 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM).  Now when
I launch, I get a fatal  error m
essage and a -199 error
> code.  The launching stalls out on the "Reading Preferences", then shows the
> error message.
>
> I am using POV-Ray Mac 3.6 dated Aug 1, 2004 7:23 pm and downloaded directly
> from the povray site.
>
> Restarting the computer and downloading a new copy of POV-ray both failed to fix
> the problem.
>
> I cannot think of any changes I made to the system to cause this.  POV-ray last
> worked on 15 March 2009 and a week later it no longer worked.  \
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

POV-Ray 3.6.0 Build 0197 still works fine on my PowerBook G4 using Mac OS
10.4.11.

Post a reply to this message