POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : How to make POV-Ray run Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:43:27 EDT (-0400)
  How to make POV-Ray run (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: maria
Subject: How to make POV-Ray run
Date: 22 Feb 2009 19:00:00
Message: <web.49a1e54ee728647329a90f430@news.povray.org>
Hello,
Could you help me to make the POV-Ray working.

System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.11
Installed the software POV-Ray

Run the application:
Finder>Applications>POV-Ray 3.6>POV-Ray Mac 3.6 Folder>POV-Ray Mac 3.6

With editor:TextEdit
create file and named it demo.pov, and saved in a folder: username/pov/demo.pov

content on file is as per PDF(5.0MB) Documentation on this website:

  #include "colors.inc"    // The include files contain
//  #include "stones.inc"    // pre-defined scene elements
background { color Cyan }
  camera {
    location <0, 2, -3>
    look_at  <0, 1,  2>
  }
  sphere {
    <0, 1, 2>, 2
    texture {
      pigment { color Yellow }
    }
  }
// color red 1.0 green 0.8 blue 0.8  // nice shade of pink can be specified
// color rgb <1.0, 0.8, 0.8>   // The following produces the same shade of pink
// rgb <1.0, 0.8, 0.8>  // shortest way to specify the pink color is
light_source { <2, 4, -3> color White}

Saved with name demo.pov
and tried to render it, but how?
tried from Terminal, Applications>Utilities>Terminal:

Macintosh:~ mari$ povray +Idemo.pov
-bash: povray: command not found
Macintosh:~ mari$

Nothing happens, tried:

Macintosh:~ mari$ povray +Idemo.pov +Odemo.png +D +P +W800 +H800 +A
-bash: povray: command not found
Macintosh:~ mari$

Tried from POV-Ray:
File>New
copy the file here
and in POV-Ray: File>Save as: demo1.pov
but cannot render on the option:
Render>Start Render is grey not able to select it.

Well, could you advice, how it works?
I am not able to find the option to render it and see the picture.

Thank you,
Mari

Post a reply to this message