POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Xgrid Agent Security in Windows Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Xgrid Agent Security in Windows (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: John Smith
Subject: Xgrid Agent Security in Windows
Date: 17 Dec 2008 10:45:00
Message: <web.49491e1f75fbe0afdacd2b740@news.povray.org>
hi,

I am recently playing around the Xgrid technology.
In my setup, an iMac is acting as a controller, coordinating a bunch of Mac,
Linux and Windows machines. I managed to hook the non-Mac os platforms into the
Xgrid network by using the XgirdAgent-Java, which can be found on:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xgridagent-java/

My intention of this post is to ask if anyone is aware of the security for using
xgridagent on Windows. In Linux, we would be able to create a sandbox easily for
the xgrid agent process.

However, if I run the xgridagent in windows, it exposed my entire file structure
to the Xgrid network. I could submit a java programme to read, write delete
files in C:\ drive.

In addition, if I submit DOS commands such as "dir, cd, copy, del, etc", they
don't work as they are not "recognized as a command".

Any suggestions?