POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : What to buy? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 15:42:24 EDT (-0400)
  What to buy? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Sky Shields
Subject: What to buy?
Date: 15 Dec 2007 20:55:01
Message: <web.476484df18f78152b11e084c0@news.povray.org>
Hello!

I'm new to this group.  This is my first post, but I've been using POVray for a
little while now, quite happily, on an iBook G4 with 256MB of RAM.  I'm now,
finally, in a position to purchase a much faster laptop, but I was wondering
what would be best to buy (in the opinion of the people here).  My primary
consideration is speed of rendering and, though I like the Mac, purchasing a
Linux machine is also an option.

(The place where I work is currently in the process of migrating entirely to
Linux, and my next desktop will probably run Linux.)

I've browsed this site reading discussions on the render speeds of various
operating systems, but I'm still unsure as to which way to go.  Also, I don't
know what to expect from the new POVray 4.0 in 2008.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

--Sky

Post a reply to this message