POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Macs and POV-Ray Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:58:13 EDT (-0400)
  Macs and POV-Ray (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Paul H
Subject: Macs and POV-Ray
Date: 15 Apr 2007 12:20:01
Message: <web.4622507b7ba3ba5e1e8954b30@news.povray.org>
Has there been any development from either Apple or POV-Ray regarding
getting the software to work on Intel macs?  The most recent stuff I've
seen on it on these forums are back from the summer and fall of 2006 so I
figured I'd check in.  I'm new to the Mac line myself, and wouldn't know if
there was an update from apple or how to get it.

Thanks for any assistance!

Post a reply to this message

> Has there been any development from either Apple or POV-Ray regarding
> getting the software to work on Intel macs?  The most recent stuff I've
> seen on it on these forums are back from the summer and fall of 2006 so I
> figured I'd check in.  I'm new to the Mac line myself, and wouldn't know if
> there was an update from apple or how to get it.

The official version runs under Rosetta.
If you want a native version you can try MegaPOV which is available as a
universal binary at:

http://megapov.inetart.net/download.html#Mac

Of course, all this info is already available in this newsgroup ;-)

Yvo

--
MegaPOV at:  http://megapov.inetart.net