POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Bug? Pov freezing machine Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:10:51 EDT (-0400)
  Bug? Pov freezing machine (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Andreas Tönne
Subject: Bug? Pov freezing machine
Date: 27 Dec 1999 11:15:34
Message: <B48D4F46.3C46%atoenne@heeg.de>
Hello,

here is a potential bug (or misconfiguration of my machine):

(stupidity alert ON!)

I started Pov on my new G4 for the first time. Being a chess addict, I
rendered the chess board and midway I decided to close the scenery
description file.
As the render output window also vanished I thought that the rendering might
be interupted and DELETED the partially created graphics file. Only then I
realized that Pov was still running and stopped rendering.

Pov died and locked up the Mac as well. This is reproducable on my machine:

deleting the output file while rendering kills Pov and the Mac under it.

Can anyone please confirm this?

Greetings,

Andreas
--

ato### [at] uumailde

Post a reply to this message

> Pov died and locked up the Mac as well. This is reproducable on my machine:
>
> deleting the output file while rendering kills Pov and the Mac under it.
>
> Can anyone please confirm this?

Any output file or just PICT images?

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich