POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Feature request Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:47:42 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: kurtz le pirate
Subject: Feature request
Date: 10 Jul 2016 04:45:38
Message: <57820b32$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Simple : on render action, bring the image window in front.

--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Feature request
Date: 10 Jul 2016 05:19:41
Message: <5782132d$1@news.povray.org>
Le 10/07/2016 10:45, kurtz le pirate a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Simple : on render action, bring the image window in front.

Just a note from other OS: that looks like a good idea... until you start rendering
animation with high PPS.
As bringing window in front usually also steal the focus, you cannot work anymore on
your computer.

At least, if you are doing it (bringing the image window in front), do it only at the
start of the render, not for each frame.
My 0.02€

Post a reply to this message

Le 10/07/2016 à 11:19, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
> Le 10/07/2016 10:45, kurtz le pirate a écrit :
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Simple : on render action, bring the image window in front.
>>

> Just a note from other OS: that looks like a good idea... until you start rendering
animation with high PPS.
> As bringing window in front usually also steal the focus, you cannot work anymore on
your computer.

> At least, if you are doing it (bringing the image window in front), do it only at
the start of the render, not for each frame.
> My 0.02€

More precisely : bring the image window in front the povray's windows.

--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 10 Jul 2016 11:56:55
Message: <57827047$1@news.povray.org>
Am 10.07.2016 um 17:06 schrieb kurtz le pirate:
> Le 10/07/2016 à 11:19, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
>> Le 10/07/2016 10:45, kurtz le pirate a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Simple : on render action, bring the image window in front.
>>>

>> Just a note from other OS: that looks like a good idea... until you
>> start rendering animation with high PPS.
>> As bringing window in front usually also steal the focus, you cannot
>> work anymore on your computer.
>>
>> At least, if you are doing it (bringing the image window in front), do
>> it only at the start of the render, not for each frame.
>> My 0.02€
>>

> More precisely : bring the image window in front the povray's windows.

That, too, could be a nuisance if it happens for every frame of an
animation, because someone might want to edit the code of a different
scene while waiting for the animation to finish rendering.

Post a reply to this message

From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Date: 10 Jul 2016 13:12:16
Message: <578281ef@news.povray.org>
On 2016-07-10 08:45:38 +0000, kurtz le pirate said:

> Hello,
>
> Simple : on render action, bring the image window in front.

Originally this was the case, the image window was always in front
when a new render or frame started.
It makes you crazy!
That is exactly the reason why I made it like this.
But, the customer is always right!
Maybe I will add an option somewhere to give you the choice.
Howerver, don't come complaining when the men with the white coats
come and get you :-)

Right now I'm redesigning the website for POV-Ray unofficial Macintosh to
release 3.7.0 final r6 and the alpha 3.7.1 version.
After that I will look into it!

Yvo

POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial: http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/
UberPOV Mac: http://megapov.inetart.net/uberpov_mac/index.html#Mac