POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : missing library? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:53:29 EDT (-0400)
  missing library? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Anton Sherwood
Subject: missing library?
Date: 4 Feb 2007 05:24:15
Message: <45c5b44f$1@news.povray.org>
I wiped and reinstalled MacOS recently, and the first time I go to run
Povray (Unix-style, not as a Mac-style app) I get this:

	dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.4.dylib

I sure don't remember having to install that before.  I go to that
directory and see that "libXpm.4.11.dylib" exists, so I make
"libXpm.4.dylib" a link to it, and try again.

	dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.6.dylib

Sigh.  The nearest thing this time is libSM.a, and linking doesn't work.

Have I missed something obvious?

--
Anton Sherwood, http://www.ogre.nu/
"How'd ya like to climb this high *without* no mountain?" --Porky Pine

Post a reply to this message

> I wiped and reinstalled MacOS recently, and the first time I go to run
> Povray (Unix-style, not as a Mac-style app) I get this:
>
>     dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.4.dylib

Well I downloaded the source again and recompiled, and now it's happy.