POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Different results between Mac 3.6 and POVWin 3.51 Server Time
19 May 2024 05:54:08 EDT (-0400)
  Different results between Mac 3.6 and POVWin 3.51 (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: John Maynard
Subject: Re: Different results between Mac 3.6 and POVWin 3.51
Date: 2 Mar 2004 07:39:26
Message: <4044807e$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> You should not be comparing two different versions of POV-Ray.
> Anti-aliasing was changed a bit in POV-Ray 3.6.  Also note that even with
> the same version and every setting absolutely identical, you cannot expect
> to ever get an absolutely identical image.
>
>     Thorsten

Oh well, thank you for confirming that I wasn't seeing things. At least
I now have gotten the outputted results to look the same from a
brightness/gamma perspective.

As long as I don't try to mix frames from the same scene across both the
Mac and PC, I think I should be OK using the Mac to render completely
separate scenes. Thank you very much for your help.

(The AA in 3.6 *does* look better, by the way... nice job!)