POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Key Finder? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 08:39:02 EDT (-0400)
  Key Finder? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Moon47
Subject: Key Finder?
Date: 10 Mar 2000 15:20:35
Message: <38C809F4.92D45AE1@earthlink.net>
I used to have an application called Key Finder... I have had the app.
since my old 68k running on 7.1... The purpose of the app. was to
convert ASCII characters to keyboard entries and combinations to match

<shift+option+k> gave an apple symbol (*)...
If these do not show up properly in the parentheses try it out...
The app. gave tons of these to fit most fonts.
Any one know what i am talking about...?
Any one know where to find it... (Key Finder)
I found an app w/ the same name downloaded the file w/ no success,
contacted the author, who informed me that the app. was made for OS X
and that is why i only got files and no app...
Help anyone...

Post a reply to this message

I use key caps and the biblical method on my 8.6 machine.
On http://www.pure-mac.com/font.html there is a link to FontBuddy 1.9
which will give you the keystrokes for characters as well.
Josh

--
Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom

Post a reply to this message

I didn't even know key caps did that... I always used key finder... I am
downloading font buddy now i will give it a whirl later...
Still wish i could find my old app... =(
Thanks allot, help is uncommon...

Josh English wrote:

> I use key caps and the biblical method on my 8.6 machine.
> On http://www.pure-mac.com/font.html there is a link to FontBuddy 1.9
> which will give you the keystrokes for characters as well.
> Josh
>
> Moon47 wrote:
>
> > I used to have an application called Key Finder... I have had the app.
> > since my old 68k running on 7.1... The purpose of the app. was to
> > convert ASCII characters to keyboard entries and combinations to match

> > <shift+option+k> gave an apple symbol (*)...
> > If these do not show up properly in the parentheses try it out...
> > The app. gave tons of these to fit most fonts.
> > Any one know what i am talking about...?
> > Any one know where to find it... (Key Finder)
> > I found an app w/ the same name downloaded the file w/ no success,
> > contacted the author, who informed me that the app. was made for OS X
> > and that is why i only got files and no app...
> > Help anyone...
>
> --
> Josh English
> eng### [at] spiritonecom
> "May your hopes, dreams, and plans not be destroyed by a few zeros."

Post a reply to this message

> I didn't even know key caps did that... I always used key finder... I am
> downloading font buddy now i will give it a whirl later...
> Still wish i could find my old app... =(
> Thanks allot, help is uncommon...

I hope that isn't true of these groups. I know I try to be as helpful as I
can, but I also realize that I come off as condescending, rude, and sometimes
stupid, so I try to watch myself. Hope the application works out for you.