POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : thanks Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:10:16 EDT (-0400)
  thanks (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: thanks
Date: 1 Aug 1999 03:25:31
Message: <37a3f66b@news.povray.org>
In article <37A### [at] unforgettablecom> , Xplo Eristotle
<inq### [at] unforgettablecom>  wrote:

> Sounds neat, but you say this is only on the PPC version. Is there some
> reason why it's not implemented for the 68k version? Lack of test
> equipment? Missing hardware? I know there's not too much of us left, but
> we need the speedup more than anyone. ;_;

No, it is a technical matter (a few PPC inline assembler instructions).
While not impossible to overcome, the code will help PPC Mac much more
anyway. The limiting factor or the 68K versions is more the CPU and the
memory cache would not change much.

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde