POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : dead list Server Time
10 May 2024 17:28:09 EDT (-0400)
  dead list (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Joshua Franklin
Subject: dead list
Date: 16 May 1999 22:54:55
Message: <373F76C4.29114227@home.com>
The news list is sort of dead right now...

What is everyone working on right now? I'm not really working on POV-Ray
right now; I'm working on a theme for OS 8.5. But when I do find time
for POV I am playing around with the city generator include file. That
brings a thought; what is everyone's favorite include file (and I mean
apart from colors or wood)? Mine would probably be Galaxy.inc followed
by the object bender.

Please respond, I hate to see a dead list.
-Josh

Post a reply to this message

> The news list is sort of dead right now...
>
> What is everyone working on right now? I'm not really working on POV-Ray
> right now; I'm working on a theme for OS 8.5. But when I do find time
> for POV I am playing around with the city generator include file. That
> brings a thought; what is everyone's favorite include file (and I mean
> apart from colors or wood)? Mine would probably be Galaxy.inc followed
> by the object bender.
>
> Please respond, I hate to see a dead list.
> -Josh

I like the lenseffects include (also from Chris Colefax) a lot.

--
Tschoe,
   Jan.

Post a reply to this message

yeah, Chris Colefax is a one-man army when it comes to writing include
files. I've actually looked at the guts of some of them and I think I'll
just stay away from include file writing. :)

-Josh

> Im Beitrag <373F76C4.29114227@home.com> , Joshua Franklin <bpe### [at] homecom>
> schrieb:
>
> > The news list is sort of dead right now...
> >
> > What is everyone working on right now? I'm not really working on POV-Ray
> > right now; I'm working on a theme for OS 8.5. But when I do find time
> > for POV I am playing around with the city generator include file. That
> > brings a thought; what is everyone's favorite include file (and I mean
> > apart from colors or wood)? Mine would probably be Galaxy.inc followed
> > by the object bender.
> >
> > Please respond, I hate to see a dead list.
> > -Josh
>
> I like the lenseffects include (also from Chris Colefax) a lot.
>
> --
> Tschoe,
>    Jan.

Post a reply to this message

> The news list is sort of dead right now...
>
> What is everyone working on right now? I'm not really working on POV-Ray
> right now; I'm working on a theme for OS 8.5. But when I do find time
> for POV I am playing around with the city generator include file. That
> brings a thought; what is everyone's favorite include file (and I mean
> apart from colors or wood)? Mine would probably be Galaxy.inc followed
> by the object bender.
>
> Please respond, I hate to see a dead list.
> -Josh

Well, I have been working with POV-Ray for Macintosh for several years
now and have done lots of things in the Lego(R) (toys) area... If you
like you can go take a look at my webpages:

  http://people.a2000.nl/araves/

With the kindest of greetings,
  Anton

Post a reply to this message

I love that. They look very realistic, and after reading the manual, I
think that you have made it relatively easy for us to make our own. Once
I get some time to work with POV-Ray among the million other things I
do, I want to build a few Legos.

-Josh

Anton Raves wrote:

> In article <373F76C4.29114227@home.com>, Joshua Franklin
> <bpe### [at] homecom> wrote:
>
> > The news list is sort of dead right now...
> >
> > What is everyone working on right now? I'm not really working on POV-Ray
> > right now; I'm working on a theme for OS 8.5. But when I do find time
> > for POV I am playing around with the city generator include file. That
> > brings a thought; what is everyone's favorite include file (and I mean
> > apart from colors or wood)? Mine would probably be Galaxy.inc followed
> > by the object bender.
> >
> > Please respond, I hate to see a dead list.
> > -Josh
>
> Well, I have been working with POV-Ray for Macintosh for several years
> now and have done lots of things in the Lego(R) (toys) area... If you
> like you can go take a look at my webpages:
>
>   http://people.a2000.nl/araves/
>
> With the kindest of greetings,
>   Anton

Post a reply to this message

And then I would like to see what you've made :-) Together with a
friend I've been working on making webpages showing all the different
pieces so you can see what they look like, how they have been
positioned and what they are called...

Take a peek at:

  http://people.a2000.nl/araves/Howto.html

Enjoy!