POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Glass in glass Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:29:20 EDT (-0400)
  Glass in glass (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Jan Danielsson
Subject: Glass in glass
Date: 10 Jun 1998 08:09:20
Message: <wnaqnavryffbasnyhaznvygryvnpbz.eucibk0.pminews@news.povray.org>
Hello!

Yesterday I got an idea I wanted to try in povray. A glass bowl containing
some blue liquid.

I made the bowl easily:

difference {
   sphere <0, 0, 0>, 1
   sphere <0, 0, 0>, 0.98
  ...and a plane to cut the top off...
  texture { T_Glass3 }
}

and then I made the 'liquid' in a similar way (one sphere with radius 0.98
and cut the top off with a plane).

However.. When looking at this 'bowl' I see the grayish color I set the bowl
to have, but eventhough it is transparent, I cannot see the 'blue liquid
object' through it.

It I remark the 'bowl' and only render the 'liquid' object, it looks great.

When I look at the object from 'above' it looks as it should.

Am I missing something?

Dan Farmer has made glass truely transparent in his Wg6.pov, Why can't I?
(The answer being pretty obvious :-)

Any ideas?

(Btw, using povray3)

 /j