POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Discord Server Server Time
27 Sep 2024 07:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Discord Server (Message 15 to 24 of 34)
From: Saul Luizaga
Subject: Re: Discord Server
Date: 13 Sep 2024 12:31:25
Message: <66e468dd$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/9/2024 07:23, Alain Martel wrote:
> Le 2024-09-06 à 15:41, Saul F. Luizaga a écrit :
>> TL;DR
>> Wen?
>>
>> TL;DR:
>> Why is this not in Discord, a lot more fluid and organized, 'coz the Web
>> Newsgroup template kinda of sucks: I used Ex-Mozilla Thunderbird and
>> it gives a
>> nice structure but still I need to read a lot of irrelevant posts to
>> get to
>> something important, so the solution for irrelevant posts is Discord,
>> and leave
>> the important stuff for the Newsgroup
>>
> Discord is a real time discussion platform. It's good for a conference
> or a team meeting. I use it for some role playing cessions where most
> players can't meet in person.
> For non-synchronous interaction, it don't hold a candle to a good old
> news group.
>
> Then, what is important for you may be irrelevant to someone else, and
> what is irrelevant for you may be very important for someone else.
>
> If you are in a thread that you don't care about, you can use the «T» to
> mark it all read and skip to the next unread message.

I think not. I think there's a bunch of FAQs he that don't need to be,
so they can be in a IRC/Discord/Chat place. Here should be things that
are relevant, that need to be permanent; and people should suggest in
chat to put things discovered relevant on chat, here, so this is not
cluttered with bunch of irrelevant info, or topics not much of POV-Ray
that won't be relevant anymore; like this dang thread that shouldn't exist.

You're wrong, it holds candle, it stays on the chat until someone
answers it, and people do like to chat and participate in a more active
way, there are Discord chats about everything, which supplies a more
dynamic demand for casual chatting/discussing of topics. It doesn't need
to be synchronous, neither is this newsgroup, it's for just for free
conversations, what part of that you don't fuking understand? There's a
need fr that, that's why that app exists

Post a reply to this message