POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Line Polygons Server Time
27 Sep 2024 03:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Line Polygons (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Line Polygons
Date: 27 Aug 2024 21:30:00
Message: <web.66ce7cee5e016fbf1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
These are beautiful, and have a lot of different variations.

Enjoy!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'linepolygons.png' (670 KB)

Preview of image 'linepolygons.png'
linepolygons.png

From: yesbird
Subject: Re: Line Polygons
Date: 28 Aug 2024 03:58:55
Message: <66ced8bf$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/08/2024 04:27, Bald Eagle wrote:

> These are beautiful, and have a lot of different variations.
>
> Enjoy!

Oh, what a beauty ! Reminds me Escher works ...
How did you produced them ?
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Aug 2024 06:45:00
Message: <web.66ceffa0236540401f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Oh, what a beauty ! Reminds me Escher works ...
> How did you produced them ?

https://halirutan.de/programming/line-patterns/

https://mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/110848/is-it-possible-to-draw-this-figure-using-mathematica/111642#1116
42

https://mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/177209/drawing-the-pursuit-curves

Looks like it's very similar to the way De Casteljau's algorithm works for
drawing Bezier splines.  You just interpolate along the edges - but each new
inner edge replaces the outer one.

I use VertexArray [mod (Index, Sides)] to cycle through my array and stay "in
bounds".

- BW

Post a reply to this message

> Looks like it's very similar to the way De Casteljau's algorithm works for
> drawing Bezier splines.  You just interpolate along the edges - but each new
> inner edge replaces the outer one.

Thanks, it's simple and beauty altogether, also can generate patterns
for StringArt. I will include few into Povlab.
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

> Looks like it's very similar to the way De Casteljau's algorithm works for
> drawing Bezier splines.  You just interpolate along the edges - but each new
> inner edge replaces the outer one.

Thanks, it's simple and beautiful altogether, also can generate patterns
for StringArt. I will include few into Povlab.
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

> Thanks, it's simple and beauty altogether, also can generate patterns
> for StringArt. I will include few into Povlab.

Nice.
A really nice effect is achieved when you reverse the direction of every other
triangle/polygon - I have yet to implement that feature.

Post a reply to this message