POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mirascope Server Time
27 Apr 2024 12:05:14 EDT (-0400)
  Mirascope (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Mirascope
Date: 24 Dec 2023 18:35:00
Message: <web.6588c00f78a2f45d1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Has anyone ever tried to make a mirascope in POV-Ray?

https://www.physics.wisc.edu/ingersollmuseum/exhibits/opticscolor/parabolicmirrorillusion/

Is there a setting that needs to the right value or a feature that needs to be
enabled for something like that to work?

Warp commented (on parabolic mirrors in general) that, "POV-Ray can make
perfectly parabolic mirrors and reflect light from them. It's far from
impossible."

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/message/%3C3f36c2e0%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C3f36c2e0%40news.povray.org%3E

- BW

Post a reply to this message