POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : nostalgia Server Time
28 Apr 2024 02:04:40 EDT (-0400)
  nostalgia (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: David Kraics
Subject: nostalgia
Date: 20 Dec 2023 10:25:00
Message: <web.6583074520e0332d87b92d44a57e0@news.povray.org>
What seems like a million years ago, I bought Raytracing Worlds and got started
with this program. My first wife was still alive back then. America Online was a
service you paid hourly to link up. There was no public internet yet, and POVray
had its own Special Interest Group where we gathered together to mess with this
thing. A thread was started which read "You know you've been raytracing too long
when...." I responded with "You wonder which raytracing program God used". I
have been honored by the community when I discovered my quote is mentioned on
one of this website's pages (SMILES). But seeing that got me thinking of all the
many pictures I and others have made over what we can call many years now. My
recent medical problems have made me face my mortality (no I am not dying. just
messed up) and made me look back with fondness over all this. I am not sure
where I am going with this, but I do want to say I am happy to be a member of
this community and I wish you all well this holiday season. Luv ya guys!

Post a reply to this message

"David Kraics" <bar### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> What seems like a million years ago, I bought Raytracing Worlds and got started
> with this program. My first wife was still alive back then. America Online was a
> service you paid hourly to link up. There was no public internet yet, and POVray
> had its own Special Interest Group where we gathered together to mess with this
> thing. A thread was started which read "You know you've been raytracing too long
> when...." I responded with "You wonder which raytracing program God used". I
> have been honored by the community when I discovered my quote is mentioned on
> one of this website's pages (SMILES). But seeing that got me thinking of all the
> many pictures I and others have made over what we can call many years now. My
> recent medical problems have made me face my mortality (no I am not dying. just
> messed up) and made me look back with fondness over all this. I am not sure
> where I am going with this, but I do want to say I am happy to be a member of
> this community and I wish you all well this holiday season. Luv ya guys!

You're not alone.

Post a reply to this message

On 12/20/2023 7:24 AM, David Kraics wrote:
> What seems like a million years ago, I bought Raytracing Worlds and got started
> with this program. My first wife was still alive back then. America Online was a
> service you paid hourly to link up. There was no public internet yet, and POVray
> had its own Special Interest Group where we gathered together to mess with this
> thing. A thread was started which read "You know you've been raytracing too long
> when...." I responded with "You wonder which raytracing program God used". I
> have been honored by the community when I discovered my quote is mentioned on
> one of this website's pages (SMILES). But seeing that got me thinking of all the
> many pictures I and others have made over what we can call many years now. My
> recent medical problems have made me face my mortality (no I am not dying. just
> messed up) and made me look back with fondness over all this. I am not sure
> where I am going with this, but I do want to say I am happy to be a member of
> this community and I wish you all well this holiday season. Luv ya guys!

I remember that thread and that reply.