POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : L-Systems for POV Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:44:08 EDT (-0400)
  L-Systems for POV (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: yesbird
Subject: L-Systems for POV
Date: 11 Feb 2023 18:25:00
Message: <web.63e823137a18d435bcf31c7f10800fb2@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Long-long time ago, in the early 90s, when I was working in an institute of
applied mathematics after graduation from university, my scientific adviser
brought from SIGGRAPH conference a very impressive book - "The Algorithmic
Beauty of Plants" (http://algorithmicbotany.org/papers/abop/abop.pdf).

I've asked him to give me it to read at home and spent many sleepless nights
doing it. It was a fantastic journey to the world of L-systems which I was not
familiar with at those times.

Now, looking for the sources of the yes-objects for my yes-POV-project I
remembered about it and googled out following software that want to share with
you:

http://algorithmicbotany.org/virtual_laboratory/

This is a very well-done implementation of Aristid Lindenmayer's ideas,
extendable and running on different platforms.

Now I am looking for the way of integration it with POV, suppose it will be
great source of additional geometric structures for rendering.

Any ideas about possible integration are welcome :).
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: