POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Text wrapping? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:01:45 EDT (-0400)
  Text wrapping? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Text wrapping?
Date: 19 Aug 2020 21:05:00
Message: <web.5f3dcb91e21b9df7879250890@news.povray.org>
Hello, does anyone have any macro for wrapping text, in the way that a word
processor does?  Define a length of text (and ideally, a font face), and the
macro would define the most logical way to wrap the text evenly within a
rectangle.

---Greg M. Johnson

Post a reply to this message

Le 20/08/2020 à 03:02, gregjohn a écrit :
> Hello, does anyone have any macro for wrapping text, in the way that a word
> processor does?  Define a length of text (and ideally, a font face), and the
> macro would define the most logical way to wrap the text evenly within a
> rectangle.
>
> ---Greg M. Johnson

No macro, but an object of hgpovray38 : galley
Minimal cutting algorithm (not by the rules of word-wrapping, not
adjusting the spacing between all letters of a line to fill it whole).

http://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Le_Forgeron/galley

Post a reply to this message

> Le 20/08/2020 à 03:02, gregjohn a écrit :
> > Hello, does anyone have any macro for wrapping text, in the way that a word
> > processor does?  Define a length of text (and ideally, a font face), and the
> > macro would define the most logical way to wrap the text evenly within a
> > rectangle.
> >
> > ---Greg M. Johnson
> >

> No macro, but an object of hgpovray38 : galley
> Minimal cutting algorithm (not by the rules of word-wrapping, not
> adjusting the spacing between all letters of a line to fill it whole).
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Le_Forgeron/galley

Wow, amazing, better than I expected! thanks.