POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ancient versions of POV-Ray and the =93hither=94 and =93yon=94 keywords Server Time: 28 May 2020 21:42:15 GMT
  Ancient versions of POV-Ray and the =93hither=94 and =93yon=94 keywords (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Lord Dimwit
Subject: Ancient versions of POV-Ray and the =93hither=94 and =93yon=94 keywords
Date: 1 May 2020 16:35:00
Message: <web.5eac4eac9d9a92a59cf7e8b0@news.povray.org>
So this is a bit of a strange question, but it’s driving me crazy.

In the 1990’s, I had POV-Ray on my Amiga. I *swear* that the documentation at
the time had “hither” and “yon” as aliases for “camera” and “look_at” (distinct
from the concept of hither/yon clipping).

However, this doesn’t appear to be true. I’ve gone to Aminet (still going after
all these years) and downloaded various versions of POV-Ray and wasn’t able to
find any mention of those words in the documentation.

I realize this seems like a minor thing, but I remember being highly amused by
the choice of those words and their usage there cemented my use of those words
in joking contexts. As in, if someone asks where something is, I’ll say
“yon”...and I do so because I liked how POV-Ray used the terms.

Am I going crazy, or did some version of POV-Ray on the Amiga use those terms in
some context?

Thank you!