POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Newbie: Use pov files in another app? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Newbie: Use pov files in another app? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Colin S
Subject: Newbie: Use pov files in another app?
Date: 31 Mar 2020 15:45:02
Message: <web.5e839daa63df17bf7e22ab3f0@news.povray.org>
Hi Guys,

I know nothing about POV-Ray and do not use it. Nor want to.

But I have some POV files here and I would like a way of using them in another
app, like Blender?

Or, better still, is there a way of converting to SVG?

Thanks for your patience!

Colin

Post a reply to this message

> I know nothing about POV-Ray and do not use it. Nor want to.
>
> But I have some POV files here and I would like a way of using them in another
> app, like Blender?
>
> Or, better still, is there a way of converting to SVG?
>
> Thanks for your patience!
>
> Colin

Start here for blender:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Use_POV-Ray_with_Blender and no, it's not
suitable for conversion to svg.

You'll still have a learning curve with both Blender and Povray because it's
quite likely the files will need "massaging" ...

Good luck.

Post a reply to this message