POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Starship Trader Monthly" magazine, built with POVRay 3.7 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  "Starship Trader Monthly" magazine, built with POVRay 3.7 (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Greg Kennedy
Subject: "Starship Trader Monthly" magazine, built with POVRay 3.7
Date: 19 Jan 2020 13:15:01
Message: <web.5e249bc8cbdb706d754fdae0@news.povray.org>
For NaNoGenMo 2019, I used POVRay heavily to create a fictional catalog of
starships and space vehicles.  It's supposed to look like classified ads from
the future.

The code is a lot of Perl to recursively build a POVRay scene file.  The
starships are collections of POVRay objects (cubes, half-spheres, cylinders,
etc), and then a CSG subtraction / union / mirror to achieve symmetrical results
- either bilateral for shuttle-looking things, or radial for space stations.

You can see the completed output on Internet Archive:
https://archive.org/details/nanogenmo_2019_starshiptradermonthly

and you can view the code or read much more about the project on Github:
https://github.com/greg-kennedy/StarAndDriver

Without POVRay this project would have been impossible to complete!

-Greg

Post a reply to this message

Op 19/01/2020 om 19:11 schreef Greg Kennedy:
> For NaNoGenMo 2019, I used POVRay heavily to create a fictional catalog of
> starships and space vehicles.  It's supposed to look like classified ads from
> the future.
>
> The code is a lot of Perl to recursively build a POVRay scene file.  The
> starships are collections of POVRay objects (cubes, half-spheres, cylinders,
> etc), and then a CSG subtraction / union / mirror to achieve symmetrical results
> - either bilateral for shuttle-looking things, or radial for space stations.
>
> You can see the completed output on Internet Archive:
> https://archive.org/details/nanogenmo_2019_starshiptradermonthly
>
> and you can view the code or read much more about the project on Github:
> https://github.com/greg-kennedy/StarAndDriver
>
> Without POVRay this project would have been impossible to complete!
>
> -Greg

LOL! Well done indeed.

--
Thomas