POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Interface in PovRay Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Interface in PovRay (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Rosi
Subject: Interface in PovRay
Date: 9 Nov 2019 15:30:01
Message: <web.5dc71e2242103224362e89e20@news.povray.org>
We want to make an Interface in the PovRay Editor, like QUICKRES.INI for the
render-settings. To call QUICKRES You have to klick on INI in the menu line.
We looked up many folder in PovRay and found out that the only permitted output
path is the "insert menu". Therefore we want to know how we can make a button
"GODS", which opens an Interface with the names of the 12 canonic Greek Gods and
some temple- and Collum-names. The click on one name should open the picture in
question.
If we are not allowed to do it, is there anyone who can do it for us?

If we could send You the picture for the Interface, called "Overview" (done with
PovRay)our wish would become more clear. Of course we will make all this in the
insert menu as well, so that you can load it into the PovRay editor. However, we
were challenged to make an Interface, and now we want to show them that we are
able to do it.

Post a reply to this message

"Rosi" <3kl### [at] informatikuni-hamburgde> wrote:
> We want to make an Interface in the PovRay Editor, like QUICKRES.INI for the
> render-settings. To call QUICKRES You have to klick on INI in the menu line.
> We looked up many folder in PovRay and found out that the only permitted output
> path is the "insert menu". Therefore we want to know how we can make a button
> "GODS", which opens an Interface with the names of the 12 canonic Greek Gods and
> some temple- and Collum-names. The click on one name should open the picture in
> question.
> If we are not allowed to do it, is there anyone who can do it for us?
>
> If we could send You the picture for the Interface, called "Overview" (done with
> PovRay)our wish would become more clear. Of course we will make all this in the
> insert menu as well, so that you can load it into the PovRay editor. However, we
> were challenged to make an Interface, and now we want to show them that we are
> able to do it.

The buttons and drop-down menus in POV-Ray don't open images.
The Insert Menu only inserts text into the current caret position of the text
editor.

If you define a subdirectory in the insert menu directory named "GODS", then you
could save scene files that render the images as image_maps as part of your
scene.

But that's about all I can think of.

Maybe if you post the Overview image in the binaries | images section, we could
give you better information.