POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question about the Pov ray addon for Blender 2.79 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:33:11 EDT (-0400)
  Question about the Pov ray addon for Blender 2.79 (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: tylerm8101
Subject: Question about the Pov ray addon for Blender 2.79
Date: 24 Sep 2019 07:55:00
Message: <web.5d8a03728a0b2614f8be68120@news.povray.org>
Hi.

I'm not sure if this belongs here but I will go ahead and ask anyway.

I use the Pov Ray 3.7 addon for Blender. When you activate it it has these 2
branches. The first one says "Binary Location", and the other says "Include
Location".

Usually, I put the pvengine64.exe in the Binary branch, and leave the "Includes
Location" empty, but I want to know if I should put something in the "Includes
Location" now.

Post a reply to this message

"tylerm8101" <tyl### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Usually, I put the pvengine64.exe in the Binary branch, and leave the "Includes
> Location" empty, but I want to know if I should put something in the "Includes
> Location" now.

One would presume any #include files for scenes.

Maybe Mr or And can provide further details.

Post a reply to this message

> "tylerm8101" <tyl### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> > Usually, I put the pvengine64.exe in the Binary branch, and leave the "Includes
> > Location" empty, but I want to know if I should put something in the "Includes
> > Location" now.
>
> One would presume any #include files for scenes.
>
> Maybe Mr or And can provide further details.

Hi there.

In the Pov Ray file folder there is a sub folder called "Include" and the files
in it has the extension "inc" .

Is this what you mean?

Post a reply to this message

Op 25/09/2019 om 04:45 schreef tylerm8101:
>> "tylerm8101" <tyl### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>
>>> Usually, I put the pvengine64.exe in the Binary branch, and leave the "Includes
>>> Location" empty, but I want to know if I should put something in the "Includes
>>> Location" now.
>>
>> One would presume any #include files for scenes.
>>
>> Maybe Mr or And can provide further details.
>
> Hi there.
>
> In the Pov Ray file folder there is a sub folder called "Include" and the files
> in it has the extension "inc" .
>
> Is this what you mean?

That is indeed what Bald Eagle means. In POV-Ray script this takes the form:

#include "colors.inc"
#include "rand.inc"
#include "functions.inc"
#include "transforms.inc"

but you can also write your own include files with code you have
developed specifically and want to access later. You can also build
macros this way and access them like, e.g.:

#include "MySmartMacroCode.mcr"

see: http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Include_Directive

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Sep 2019 06:20:01
Message: <web.5d8b3f12f2fb9de14eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"tylerm8101" <tyl### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> In the Pov Ray file folder there is a sub folder called "Include" and the files
> in it has the extension "inc" .
>
> Is this what you mean?

Yes, that's what I'm assuming they mean.
Those all have "extra" SDL code for use in scenes - useful functions,
transforms, color definitions, math stuff, etc.

Just look at a few in a text editor.

Post a reply to this message

From: tylerm8101
Date: 26 Sep 2019 15:05:01
Message: <web.5d8d0b9cf2fb9de1f8be68120@news.povray.org>
> "tylerm8101" <tyl### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> > In the Pov Ray file folder there is a sub folder called "Include" and the files
> > in it has the extension "inc" .
> >
> > Is this what you mean?
>
> Yes, that's what I'm assuming they mean.
> Those all have "extra" SDL code for use in scenes - useful functions,
> transforms, color definitions, math stuff, etc.
>
> Just look at a few in a text editor.

Hi.

I put the .inc files  in the branch where it belongs. I wish they would have
that written down or something.

Also, since I dont want to forget...

Does the Pov ray addon change the camera? When I use orthographic view, it
renders the scene in perspective mode. it doesn't affect the other renderers
though.