POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to output the value of a variable? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  How to output the value of a variable? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Kima
Subject: How to output the value of a variable?
Date: 7 Sep 2019 11:50:00
Message: <web.5d73d13953b91109ecc0fada0@news.povray.org>
#debug can output user-defined string, but how can I output the value of a
variable. For example,

#declare location1 = max_extent(object);

how can I output the calculated vector of location1 to be read on the terminal
output?

Post a reply to this message

> #debug can output user-defined string, but how can I output the value of a
> variable. For example,
>
> #declare location1 = max_extent(object);
>
> how can I output the calculated vector of location1 to be read on the terminal
> output?

I found the solution if others encounter the same problem, The solution is the
set of string functions which can be found at
https://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/232/

In my case, vstr can transform a vector into a string.