POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : minimalistic human body by blob Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:09:29 EDT (-0400)
  minimalistic human body by blob (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Kima
Subject: minimalistic human body by blob
Date: 19 Aug 2019 11:55:00
Message: <web.5d5ac5aac3c353edecc0fada0@news.povray.org>
I try to build a human body with blob to make something like
https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/idea-man-person-thinking-stick-figure-brainstorming-people-3d-light-picture-id9265
83606

I started with the basic shapes of the body part as

blob{
  threshold 0.65
  cylinder{<-.4,0,0>,<-.4,2,0>, 1, 1}
  cylinder{<.4,0,0>,<.4,2,0>, 1, 1}
  cylinder{<-.4,0,0>,<-.6,-3,0>, .6, 1}
  cylinder{<.4,0,0>,<.6,-3,0>, .6, 1}

  cylinder{<.4,1.8,0>,<3,1,0>, .6, 1}
  cylinder{<-.4,1.8,0>,<-3,1,0>, .6, 1}

  sphere{  < 0,3.7,0>, 2.75, .75}
  scale 1
  rotate<0,0,0>
  translate<0,0.5,0>
  texture{ pigment{ color rgb<1,1,1>}
           finish { phong 1}}
 }

Am I on the right track? Or should I use available functions/macros such as
sphere_sweep?

Post a reply to this message