POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to put image on one side of an object Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:53:11 EDT (-0400)
  How to put image on one side of an object (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Kima
Subject: How to put image on one side of an object
Date: 4 Aug 2019 15:00:00
Message: <web.5d472a1215d15201ecc0fada0@news.povray.org>
Consider a simple cube as

superellipsoid{ <.25,0.25>
  texture{ pigment{ color rgb<0.65,1,0.1>}
           finish { phong 1}
         }

I put an image on its surface as

superellipsoid{ <.25,0.25>
  texture{ pigment{

 image_map{ png "ad.png"
            map_type 0
            interpolate 2
            once
          }

}
           finish { phong 1}
         }

}

I have two problems:

1. How can I keep the pigment color underneath to have a closed where has not
been wrapped by the image?

2. Wrapping starts from the left corner of the object, and I lose the curvature
on the left side, but it is OK on the right side. According to
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/backgrnd/p_sky9.htm the image covers +Z and
goes to +X. Is it possible to put the image on the center of +Z to let the
excess image covers both -X and +X?

Post a reply to this message