POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : photon map file format Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  photon map file format (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: John
Subject: photon map file format
Date: 23 Jun 2019 18:50:00
Message: <web.5d100167c23a6d97b52c0f40@news.povray.org>
What is the file format of the photon map when written to disk? I have a single
object, a disc, for "collect on", and I would like to read the raw data in
Matlab, for example.

Post a reply to this message

> What is the file format of the photon map when written to disk? I have a single
> object, a disc, for "collect on", and I would like to read the raw data in
> Matlab, for example.

Well, POV-Ray is open source, so you can check it out for yourself ;-) It is a
binary format with no formal specification.