POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Just musing about a pattern function... Server Time
19 Apr 2024 07:52:52 EDT (-0400)
  Just musing about a pattern function... (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Just musing about a pattern function...
Date: 10 Mar 2019 20:30:01
Message: <web.5c85aaecd4241a93765e06870@news.povray.org>
So, I was wondering if it were possible to define a pattern that depends on if
the surface of one object is coincident with another.

object A, Object B, and an overlapping surface.

I was thinking about it initially from the perspective of ease-of-use in
highlighting imperfections in CSG / math,

pigment {overlap {_textureA, _textureB, _textureOverlap}}

but then it occurred to me that if this were possible, then

pigment {overlap {_textureA, _textureB, _textureB}}

would take care of a lot of coincident surface problems.

Just brainstorming and wondered if this might spark some ideas.

Post a reply to this message