POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Megapov intersection points Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:54:16 EDT (-0400)
  Megapov intersection points (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: muyu
Subject: Megapov intersection points
Date: 9 Feb 2019 21:45:01
Message: <web.5c5f8f2c24484f1cbc7b11d30@news.povray.org>
I would like extract the coordinates (X, Y, Z) of all the intersection points in
the image. It seems the megapov function PP_Init_IPoint_Outputs can do this job.
However I tried the following code. I can not get the results expected. I can
only get the rendered image but not the coordinate information. How could I set
the filename and folder to export the results? Thanks for your help.

Shouyang

#version unofficial MegaPov 1.1;

#include "pprocess.inc"
PP_Init_IPoint_Outputs()

#declare Camera_Location = <-4,7,-4>;
#declare Camera_Lookat   = <10,-10,10>;

light_source {< 0, 0,  100> color rgb<1,1,1>}

camera {                  perspective
  location Camera_Location
  look_at    Camera_Lookat
  direction z
  angle 20
}

// ----------------------------------------
         union {
  sphere {0,1}
  sphere {<-2,0,-2>,1}
  sphere {< 5,0, 5>,1}
  sphere {<10,0,10>,1}
  box {-10,10}}

Post a reply to this message

> I would like extract the coordinates (X, Y, Z) of all the intersection points in
> the image. It seems the megapov function PP_Init_IPoint_Outputs can do this job.
> However I tried the following code. I can not get the results expected. I can
> only get the rendered image but not the coordinate information. How could I set
> the filename and folder to export the results? Thanks for your help.
>
> Shouyang
>
> #version unofficial MegaPov 1.1;
>
> #include "pprocess.inc"
> PP_Init_IPoint_Outputs()
>
> #declare Camera_Location = <-4,7,-4>;
> #declare Camera_Lookat   = <10,-10,10>;
>
> light_source {< 0, 0,  100> color rgb<1,1,1>}
>

> camera {                  perspective
>   location Camera_Location
>   look_at    Camera_Lookat
>   direction z
>   angle 20
> }
>
> // ----------------------------------------
>          union {
>   sphere {0,1}
>   sphere {<-2,0,-2>,1}
>   sphere {< 5,0, 5>,1}
>   sphere {<10,0,10>,1}
>   box {-10,10}}

Does anyone has idea of this? Or is it possible to extract these
information using Povray directly rather than Megapov? Thanks again.
SY

Post a reply to this message

>> I would like extract the coordinates (X, Y, Z) of all the intersection points in
>> the image. It seems the megapov function PP_Init_IPoint_Outputs can do this job.
>> However I tried the following code. I can not get the results expected. I can
>> only get the rendered image but not the coordinate information. How could I set
>> the filename and folder to export the results? Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Shouyang
>>
>> #version unofficial MegaPov 1.1;
>>
>> #include "pprocess.inc"
>> PP_Init_IPoint_Outputs()
>>
>> #declare Camera_Location = <-4,7,-4>;
>> #declare Camera_Lookat   = <10,-10,10>;
>>
>> light_source {< 0, 0,  100> color rgb<1,1,1>}
>>

>> camera {                  perspective
>>   location Camera_Location
>>   look_at    Camera_Lookat
>>   direction z
>>   angle 20
>> }
>>
>> // ----------------------------------------
>>          union {
>>   sphere {0,1}
>>   sphere {<-2,0,-2>,1}
>>   sphere {< 5,0, 5>,1}
>>   sphere {<10,0,10>,1}
>>   box {-10,10}}

I do not see the "post_process { PP_Depth(Field_Start,Field_Depth) }"
directive.

(from the documentation of megapov 1.2, part 3.5.1.4)

Starting the storage of depth is one thing, having a use for them is
another.

> Does anyone has idea of this? Or is it possible to extract these
> information using Povray directly rather than Megapov? Thanks again.
> SY

Post a reply to this message