POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : parallel processing Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  parallel processing (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: John McCulloch
Subject: parallel processing
Date: 13 Jan 2019 23:05:00
Message: <web.5c3c0949ffe3a207924dd5a0@news.povray.org>
What is the currently supported / generally accepted parallel implementation of
povray to render, for example, on a linux cluster? I'm looking for a visual
demonstration to persuade potential users to consider running their engineering
codes on a cluster versus individual node.

Regards,
John McCulloch
Houston Texas

Post a reply to this message

Am 14.01.2019 um 05:02 schrieb John McCulloch:
> What is the currently supported / generally accepted parallel implementation of
> povray to render, for example, on a linux cluster? I'm looking for a visual
> demonstration to persuade potential users to consider running their engineering
> codes on a cluster versus individual node.

At the moment there is no official solution for distributed POV-Ray
rendering. Inofficial approaches usually use POV-Ray's command line or
INI file interface to have each node render only a subset of frames in
an animation, or only a rectangular portion of a still image.

Post a reply to this message