POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ignore .ini Errorrs in 3.7 Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Ignore .ini Errorrs in 3.7 (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: yagi
Subject: Ignore .ini Errorrs in 3.7
Date: 30 Sep 2018 11:55:01
Message: <web.5bb0f0d5fcf303a190d2633c0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I always dreamed of a multi threaded Povray and I see that is now available.

After many years I have come back to Povray and some of my old projects.

What I would like to be able to do is run some of my old animations from Moray
into Povray, now that there is so much more power available.

Unfortunately Moray puts some stuff in the .ini files that causes Povray 3.7 to
stop.    I think the same is true for Povray 3.5.

I can edit the .ini and fix it but for an animation that is not practical.

Can I somehow tell Povray to ignore errors in the ini files ?

Thx.

Post a reply to this message

> Unfortunately Moray puts some stuff in the .ini files that causes Povray 3.7 to
> stop.    I think the same is true for Povray 3.5.

What stuff does Moray put in the .ini files? Could you post a copy?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> > Unfortunately Moray puts some stuff in the .ini files that causes Povray 3.7 to
> > stop.    I think the same is true for Povray 3.5.
>

> What stuff does Moray put in the .ini files? Could you post a copy?
>

> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Thanks for your reply.

These are the variables that Povray dosn't like,

-

'Buffer_Output' is no longer
used and will result in an error in future versions of POV-Ray.

'Buffer_Size' is no longer
used and will result in an error in future versions of POV-Ray.
-

'Histogram_Name' is no longer
used and will result in an error in future versions of POV-Ray.
-

'Histogram_Grid_Size' is no
longer used and will result in an error in future versions of POV-Ray.
-

'Histogram_Type' is no longer
used and will result in an error in future versions of POV-Ray.
-
Unknown key 'Radiosity' in INI file.
-

Post a reply to this message